Wednesday 17 March 2010

Alice in Wonderland



After waiting for what feels like centuries Tim Burton's interpretation of Alice in Wonderland was finally released on the 5th March. In my opinion I loved it, as soon as I put on the 3d glasses I was thrown into a world where I was battling along with Alice. The outrageous costumes, makeup and hair are all bizarre and from another world. Like all of Burton's films he delivers the plot from a different angle so don't expect to watch it and see an average fairytale. Each character is also well represented with each one being adorable in their own way, my favourite was the Mad Hatter played by Johnny Depp who succeeds in carrying most of the film, however his character sometimes seemed inconsistent alternating from a scottish accent to back to normal again, however I think this just plays more on his 'Mad' role.



However, even though I enjoyed the film there is controversy surrounding it, for example are peoples expectations of the film made bigger just because it's produced by Tim Burton.Also Alice in Wonderland is being strongly compared to Avatar. Avatar was a film which percolated in James Cameron's head for at least 14 years and like Alice in Wonderland being made into 3d so many expectations surrounded it but was this merely because of the film itself or because it gave people a chance to watch something in 3d.

In my opinion I enjoyed the film and would consider going watching it again, maybe in 2d to see how it shapes up that way but it definately met my high expectations.

No comments: