Friday 1 May 2009

Seven Zero

I came across the work of Gary Austin on the Form fifty five blog. His website seven zero is a portfolio of all his work, what is interesting is that he is a 3year university student. Therefore, it was interesting to see what sort of competition we are up against even though were a year behind.


Austin's work shown the the Form fifty five blog was a piece of work based on a scrabble championship, it was these designs which attracted me into looking into his website. The idea behind it is clever and well executed as he produced a set of interactive beer mats and posters to promote the World Scrabble Championship. The beer mats are perforated so each printed Scrabble piece can be ripped off individually and played with.


     

His website also features some work he produced for the D&AD competition briefs which I think look really nice. While I myself did not work on this brief when given to us I know some other students did and it's nice to see how a student at a different university tackled this brief.

  

All in all I really liked all the work shown which only leads us to the conclusion that it really is going to be tough when we all graduate to find a job!

No comments: